"He made him ride on the high places of the earth, that he might eat the increase of the fields; and he made him to suck honey out of the rock, and oil out of the flinty rock;"
A limit is defined as a constraint, a boundary and an edge. It is something that has been set to define how far you go. But God did not set a limit over your life.
Our text above talks about a limitless life, a life where nothing stops you from achieving what you want to achieve, a life where you can get to whatever height you want to get to, a life where you will not meet limitations on your path. This is the life God has promised you.
God has the ability to give you the type of life you desire. He said to Abraham, "as far as your eyes can see" This means you are responsible for determining how high you fly. To the extent you can see is as far as you will go. You are the only one that can put a limit on yourself, no one can stop you.
What Limits People
- Lack of expectations: To expect means to look forward to something. Where there is no expectation there can be no manifestation. When you live and don't expect the blessings, there is nothing even God can do. - Proverbs 23:18
If you don't have expectation, then there is nothing God will grant. - Acts 3:5
People go through life without achieving anything because they have no expectations, there is nothing they are looking forward to.
- No commitment in the things we do: When we do things without commitment we will remain limited. Commitment will enable you to push the boundaries and shift the barriers. Where there is no commitment you will stop where everybody stops. commitment makes you go the extra mile. - Ecclesiastes 9:10
- The things we say: we are limited by our words and confession. - Proverbs 6:2, Matthew 12:36
Whenever you speak you are creating something or killing something. - Proverbs 18: 21
When you speak, you are either agreeing or disagreeing with God so your words should always align with what God says. - Numbers 14:34, James 3:2-6, Proverbs 18:20
Your tongue can create a path for your destiny, so always say what you want to see.
- Our perception: Perception is our sense of awareness. It is the ability to discern and assess rightly. - Mark 6:1-6
If your perception is wrong, your reception will be affected. - 2 kings 4:8-17
- Our actions - 2 kings 5:9-14, Luke 5:4-6, 2 Kings 13:17-19
- Our thoughts: your thoughts are like confessions. - Psalm 92:5, Ephesians 3:20
We don't engage our thoughts properly and so we allow our thoughts to limit us.
The mind has three compartment - the memory, the contemplation and the imagination.
The memory keeps all the details of the past.
The contemplation is the aspect that deals with the now.
The imagination is the aspect of your mind that God was given you to rise above limitations.
Genesis 1:26-27; 2:7
Things we must do to live without limit
- Live in righteousness - Psalm 14:34
- Don't let the word of God out of your sight. - Ezekiel 31:4
- Pray that God's plan will be fully established
Royal House Worship Centre
40, Zinnia Street, Rosettenville, Johannesburg
For prayer & counselling call: 073 282 5929, +27 11 027 2335
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
...Always a Life Changing Experience.